Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bill is making me a grow box for my plants. I will get pictures of it when he is done. He is really mad at me at the moment we got into an argument about using the pallet wood instead of going and buying stuff from Lowes. I offered to help take the pallets apart but he stormed off. I didn't want him to start on it tonight but he did. I need to just start trying to make stuff myself so he doesnt have to. That way he doesn't have to deal with the frustration of dealing with me when I want things to be the way that I think they should be. (Regardless of whether it should be done or can be) or when Im trying to be "helpful" . I just didn't want to spend the money on new timber. So now I feel supremely horrid.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I know this feeling. I don't talk about the chicken coop. My husband and I had quite a row over how it should be built, and I wanted to use supplies we had on hand, but he thought we should buy all new lumber, but if we did, it would be too expensive, and .... It wasn't pretty ;).

I saw further up that it looks like you got them built anyway (we got our chicken coop built, too), and without having to buy a bunch of new wood. We ended up buying a couple of 2x4's and some chicken wire, but we had everything else, and what my husband thought would cost $200 ended up costing $60 ;).

I try hard not to say "I told you so" ... too much :).