Work, well let us just go with I need to find a new job. The stress from it has been taking its toll for sometime and my body succumbed to major illness a few weeks after my last post. Missed two days and the 3 days I had off after those were filled with sleep, water and antibiotics and a brief stint of steroids (confirmation that I should NOT take Prednisone) which hurt my bank account. I feel much improved though now and somewhat validated. Because I was so sick I had to follow up with a primary physician. The one I had previously had left town (no surprise to me, I hated her) and I had to be set up with a new one. The new doctor zeroed in on my weight soon as she sat down, to hell with the fact that I had just been really sick. She tried to tell me how unhealthy I was and I geared up for a fight and she saw it. I took all her tests..all fine, CBC, A1C, CMP, Thyroid, Cholesterol...all really good. If had been eating total garbage it would reflect in those tests. Still, I'm not saying I'm healthy, I KNOW work needs to be done. I do have high blood pressure, I'm pretty sure if she'd been smart and tested my insulin level or my testosterone level there would be an issue. She started in on calorie counts, I countered with carb counts since I have poly-cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS for short). Then we watched each other gear up for a battle..She told me she wanted me to see a nutritionist, I told her I'd only do it if the woman tailored her plan for me with my PCOS. We left it at that..my appointment is on the 13th. She told me I needed to reduce my stress, I about fell out of my chair laughing and explained my job. She told me to find a new job..I told her I was working on it. Told me I should get a gym membership, I told her if she wants to pay for that's fine by me. We are either going to hate each other or like each other, not sure which yet.
SCA stuff is slow going still within the group but our parent barony, Barony of Shattered Crystal, is holding Crystal Ball this coming weekend. I am EXTREMELY excited about this and hope to get lots of pics.
So what are my current plans?
- Get acclimated to having someone else living and sleeping in my room besides me and the kitties..
- Work on SCA crafts, I am in love with tablet/card weaving, but I need a loom, I cannot do the back strap method and the weird rigging I had set up keeps getting destroyed by cats who are jerks. I also like silk painting. I have one frame to do scarves, need to ask Awesome Roommate Walley to build me 2 more for different sized square banners. Then there is the whole sewing things. Pics when I'm finished.
- Read more about Asatru, I'm so behind on all the reading I want to do, part of the problem is I cant take Sister Zim's copies out of her house and my schedule just doesnt allow me to be out as much, and when I am out there I want to spend time with her and the baby.
- Work on becoming healthier..its more than just work on losing weight. The spike in anxiety and panic attacks is unacceptable. The migraines are increasing. I really want to get a punch card for the community pool..what's stopping me?? Money.
- Some weekend coming up when I'm home I will need to go into the backyard and see what all needs done..Sigh. Then I get to start planning for next year's garden!!
So tell me, what are your winter plans?