Tuesday, December 30, 2008

So after my cathartic post I am feeling lighter. Thank you for your kind words and support.

Late last night I got a call from a friend of ours who is getting ready to move up to Chicago (6 hours north) and he asked if we want his queen size bed and box spring, we just need rails. I said of course! So we got that today from them and visited a while. Later,we ran back into town and did some errands. On the way back home I see a bedroom furniture set sitting on the side of the road. Long story short we got a huge dresser a nightstand/cabinet thing and an amoire for free. They had been in storage for 2 years and are in really good condition. I just got done cleaning them out. I will get pictures tomorrow.

Also, I received my first seed catalog today. I need to find my leftover seeds and check them out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
Sorry to hear you are going through a tough patch.
Here's my opinion on food banks, unemployment, and other forms of aid, and I have never collected from any of them, only given.
There are there as a safety net. Right now, you need that net. You have given in, and now you need to take. Take it gladly, and when you are back on your feet financially, you can give once again.
Is the father of teen's baby ready to pay child support?
Lynne