Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My tax return had arrived and, as per my previous post , I got some vital things taken care of. So with some of the rest of it we decided to put back into the local economy aka we went shopping :D We bought a 6.5 hp tiller at Rural King. Bill is now the proud owner of a table saw, reciprocating saw, and a new electric drill. For the Blazer we had to replace a lot of things on it lately that all tied into his serpentine belt. We need to get him a new radiator eventually. He also got some new shoes, his Vans are almost dead after two years. We bought a membership to our neighborhood co-op!!!! We also picked up some odds and ends there, including some eco-friendly Seventh Generation dishwasher detergent. We also bought a rice cooker (we go through a LOT of rice here) so now I won't scorch the pan anymore. We also ordered some seeds online through Mississipi Moon Seeds, Seed Savers Exchange and Botanical Interests. It's really hard to find pepperoncini seeds locally. Oh and we got the puppy fixed. Oh but I haven't introduced you to the latest member of the family.....Tater. I have to remedy that.

The grow box is working well. It is still a bit cold in the garage (damn this weather, its suppose to be 50s tommorow and close to 70 on Thursday) so I added a portable room heater on low. The box does not have any insulation though I may be putting an old blanket over it soon. I transplanted a lot of seedlings to 3" pots. I need to see about getting some natural liquid fertilizer or maybe buy a bag of compost and mix it in with my potting soil which doesnt have anything. We will be making another trip into town tomorrow for groceries and more gardening supplies. I also have a lunch date with a friend that I don't see as often as I'd like.

No comments: