Sunday, September 29, 2013

When I was your age...

I found myself uttering this phrase a week or so ago to a relatively new friend. I'm 15 years older than him..technically I'm old enough to be his mother *cringe*. But I digress... The phrase popped out of my mouth because I was explaining that life isn't always how we expect it to be. How little did I know my words to Volund would resonate so loudly.

This month of September has been a rough one. Hell recently, in the last 2 weeks, there were 3 deaths, my uncle, my friend's uncle and another friend's grandmother. Only the grandmother was expected. Nonetheless all of it sucked. I ache for my family scattered across the states and the fact that I couldn't be anywhere I felt I needed to be. I tell myself that October will be better. Fall is descending on Southern Illinois and the woods and forests are starting to change and I am looking forward to October, traditionally it's been my favorite month. I flourish in this cooler weather.

Even though September has been a little rough it wasn't all bad, I got to travel to western Missouri and see old friends and make new ones. I was a bridesmaid for one of my oldest friends from elementary school. My cousin has had a baby. Life continues to go on. Things in my life have actually been turning around this year. I've started getting the house fixed up. I hope to have it ready to put on the market in about two years. The garden was mainly Brenna's doing this year. It has produced pretty good considering we had another grass war. I hope to have a bigger hand in it next season.  I just haven't been home and with my current schedule finding a good time to be out there has been challenging. My boyfriend is moving here from Pennsylvania after Thanksgiving. I'm excited and scared. Right now I already have a full house, I have an extra 2 people emergency crashing on my living room floor, it won't be forever, it hasn't been bad at all, I'm just looking forward to getting back to something less crowded.

In a week I will head north to visit with my dagorhir unit. The weekend after that I hope to be able to go visit with Phelan from A Homesteading Neophyte. If the bank account allows. The rest of the month is up in the air. Wherever the winds blow me.


No comments: