Tuesday, November 12, 2013

As I mentioned previously, I work odd hours. I work 10 hour shifts as a customer service rep. Im on the phone for 10 hrs a day. The job sucks, it was not my original job but my department got shuttered and we all got transferred to CS. But it pays ok, I have benefits and...I have 3 day weekends. Even on my most trying of days, and there is a lot more of them now, I am thankful I have a job. Sometimes I hate myself for it too. If I had been smarter in my youth, hell, if I had been smarter 5 years ago. I could have saved myself a lot of pain and worry. I could walk away from a job that destroys me in a thousand tiny ways. But I wasn't and all I can do is deal with consequences of my choices and make better ones, working my way through all of it. But I digress...

Back to my point, I have 3 day weekends. These weekends are usually filled with 1 day of cleaning, running errands and other things I couldn't do because of my schedule and 2 days of play. My weekends are usually my "social days" as well and 7 times out of 10 Im on the road to somewhere. Friday I left the sanctuary of my bed and began running the gamut of doing laundry, shopping and then coming home to finish the last bit of sewing an outfit for an SCA event, the Barony of Shattered Crystal's 30th annual Crystal Ball.  I was beyond excited, I love this event.

The event totally kicked my butt, I came home yesterday exhausted but happy. I will post pics soon. Monday has really sucked and I want to calm down before I post again.



No comments: