Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Buying a house sucks

I packed a little the other day. A friend of S's brought a load of nice boxes (she works in a bookstore) to help us out. I got everything done on my list Monday. So my homeowners insurance will be $400 a year. Taxes should actually be the same amount as well. I go through State Farm and I need to pay them the first year up front but we STILL don't have a solid actual date for closing.. The house is a major cause of stress and Bill and I are really feeling it. I'm feeling like I'm getting screwed by the banker guy as he hasn't been knowledgeable on the Rural Development loan I am going with. Bill is not pleased with him or the situation either and has voiced his opinions thereof to me. I'm the one that's dealt with the banking stuff, me on my own(As I am the only one on the paperwork), and now I worry that I've put us into a bad situation somehow or that we are about to be royally screwed. I do not know how I can rectify this situation /this nagging feeling of not having a clue of what's going on. I am going to call banker boy in the morning tomorrow and also see if there is someone in Rural Development that I can talk to so I know what the hell is going on or what my options are.

1 comment:

CatHerder said...

Wow. My homeowners is about 1,000. a year, and taxes nearly 10,000. I think Im moving to Illinois!!!!