Sunday, March 1, 2015

March 1st update

In two weeks I will be officially unemployed. I cannot believe its been 6 weeks already. Time has flown so fast that I'm sort of sick to my stomach. I miss having a set schedule and routine. I am desperately trying to get back on one. I am eating healthier, and a lot of housework is getting done in a more timely manner. I am enjoying this somewhat domestic phase I've fallen in to. Some days I really wish I could just be a Stay-at-home Stephie™

Meal planning is going well. We have only been solidly planning dinners, our breakfast and lunches are usually left overs from the night before because we sometimes don't wake up until noon. (another reason I want back on a schedule) We went off track this week as one of my best friends and his girlfriend came to visit. We went out to eat a lot this week but it was well worth it. Michigan is so far away from Southern Illinois. I am planning to take a week or so up to visit them. Probably in April but not sure. I am quite excited about it. 

There is another thing I am excited about. I am going back to school! Since I'm considered a displaced worker there is a program offered to me. Pick an approved degree or certificate program from a list the program offers and they pay for it. Tuition, books and mileage. If I had kids they would help with childcare (too bad I don't) I'm happy and scared. I haven't been in school for almost 18 years. I've got things narrowed down to a couple options but it really looks like Medical Transcription, medical secretary, etc. I will start this Fall as there is too much this summer that I am supposed to do, and there is also the garden. Cannot wait for all this snow to go away!!

No comments: